From: Graham Murray <graham@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Let portage symlink latest version of installed docs
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 16:11:58
1 Fabian Neumann <fab1206@××××××××××.org> writes:
2
3 > What I'd like portage do to is to create a symlink to the latest version
4 > of a package's documentation. Just omitting the version number would of
5 > course not work as slotted packages may have multiple versions of docs
6 > installed. The first format coming to my mind would be:
7
8 What would be even nicer would be if it could create and maintain an
9 html index, for example at /usr/share/doc/index.html, to all package
10 html documentation in a similar way to that which gnu info maintains
11 the top level index to all info documentation on the system.
14 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list