From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] manpages that requires dependencies
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 00:06:17
1 On Friday 25 November 2005 00:58, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > man pages can't be considered optional (despite what RMS says). They're
3 > not fancy extra HTML API documentation, they're core, so they don't get
4 > a USE flag.
5 I know (and I *really* don't like info for one) but I think I'd rather disable
6 it and ship pre-built manpages, instead of adding docbook-sgml-utils to the
7 deps.
8
9 > Of course, if FEATURES were in the USE expand list, you could use
10 > ! features_noman ? ( ) ...
11 Right... that *would* be useful...
14 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
15 Gentoo/ALT lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE