From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Update to the pax-utils.eclass
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 23:24:34
1 On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 17:57:11 -0400
2 "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > scanelf is the last line of defense. If we get there, paxctl and
5 > paxctl-ng have failed, so we can't trust them really. Changing the
6 > exit code for scanelf could cause other issues, eg in portage where
7 > it is used in a few places. As we discussed today during the
8 > Hardened meeting, we'll ewarn if we get here.
12 scanelf is also used in the new python based revdep-rebuild. So,
13 changing it will cause issues there too.
14 --
15 Brian Dolbec <dolsen>