From: Sebastian Werner <sebastian@××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] CFG FILES ERASED
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 11:36:25
1 The same problem is when you update squid
2
3 Am Freitag, 1. Juni 2001 16:12 schrieben Sie:
4 > The problem when I merge a new app from the portage tree is that my cfg
5 > files are changed with the new ones.
6 >
7 > I lost all my /var/named when I upgraded the bind.
8 >
9 > Why you guys don't tell the ebuild script do write an APP.conf.new file
10 > os something like that and just tell the user to see if he want to
11 > change anything to his cfg file.
14 > or just don't write the cfg file if it already exists.
18 > gentoo-dev mailing list
19 > gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org