From: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Missing: Universal-CD - Gentoo discriminates shell and networkless users
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 14:31:57
1 On Mon, 2006-10-09 at 23:30 -0400, Kari Hazzard wrote:
2 > User-centric design is why Gentoo is/was different from everything else. Take
3 > away choices that people want and you take the Gentoo philosophy out of
4 > Gentoo itself.
5
6 If the design was in any way user-centric, then that was a side-effect
7 of the design being developer-centric. The choices are all about
8 enabling development and developers. The Gentoo philosophy is about
9 empowerment -- we provide a platform for you to do what you want with
10 it. That's our only promise, all the rest is just gravy. Rel. Eng. and
11 others do what they do because, at its root, that's what they *want* to
12 do -- that's how they exercise their own empowerment. Feel free to join
13 in the fray and exercise your own :)
14
15 Thanks,
18 Seemant Kulleen