From: Thorsten Fischer <frosch@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] yeeehaaa!
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 07:59:57
1 It's up and running, folks!
2
3 * thorsten is jumping around happily and waving at everyone *
4
5 Unfortunately I got no time to address the remaining minor annoyances
6 today, which include: supervise coughing because of missing directories,
7 cluttering terminals with that message and thus locking them down with
8 'respawning too fast' messages (which went away after I created the dir
9 by hand); network/pcmcia stuff running only after I start them a
10 second time 'by hand'; and some other things.
13 portage stuff:
14
15 I cd'ed into /usr/portage, running 'emerge rsync'. Then I decided to
16 check out the latest version of portage, so I typed
17
18 emerge sys-apps/portage/portage-1.5.1.ebuild
19
20 which produced
21
22 Calculating dependencies.!!! Name error in 1.7e2
23 !!! Error: /usr/portage/app-games/bzflag is not a valid portage
24 directory, skipping...
25 ...... done!
26 !!! Error: circular dependencies
27
28 1.7e2 does not seem to match portage's naming scheme. The header of
29 portage.py reads 'Version 1.0 7/31/2000'. Deleting the bzflag subdir
30 removes the name error, but the circular dependencies remain. It's unclear
31 to me why bzflag is addressed here anyway.
35 After all:
36
37 It's there! It's running! And most important: internet access is working.
38 I am writing this using an ssh login from gentoo.
39 With more time at hand, I will happily address errors myself, and not just
40 bother you with them - which, after all, is the way I prefer to do
41 things.
44 thorsten
48 thorsten fischer
49
50 <frosch@×××××××××.de>
51 <tfischer@×××××××××××××.de>
52
53 groessere mengen hostien sind schwer zu beschaffen