From: "Mathijs Kwik (-=TRoXX=-)" <troxx@××××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] portage again :)
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 08:01:01
1 daniel,
2
3 I'm playing with the $ROOT-variable to create some script that builds a
4 build-environment...
5 ofcourse everything has to be built statically in the first phase, so I need
6 USE-flags "build static" I guess...
7 I encounter some strange behaviour of portage every now and then, can you
8 explain me if $ROOT is water-proof at the moment? I mean does portage use
9 $ROOT/var/db and $ROOT/env/make.conf and stuff? I noticed it sometimes
10 does... but sometimes I really doubt.
11 for example... when I make portage install portage it first builds zlib, and
12 then glibc... which is strange, since zlib also depends on glibc...
13 I didn't test it in a non $ROOT environment, but I suspect that portage
14 doesn't check dependancies in $ROOT/var/db or multi-level dependancies have
15 some small bugs (dependancies of dependancies).
16 any hints?
17
18 /Mathijs