From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: So now that we have --quiet-build as default, can we talk about a forced LC_MESSAGES=C again?
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 16:58:12
On Sun, 4 Dec 2011 02:14:15 -0600
Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o> wrote:

> > Many dozens of times, and a magnitude more dozens of times, > > So a comparatively small number then.
You seem to argue that the time I spend on getting bug reports right isn't essential or beneficial to your bugzilla work. Let's actually act on that. The alternative action I am now putting in place is to just allow the foreign language build logs. One side effect is that the Summary, which I tend to make more specific to the reported bug (replacing "refuses to build", "failes[sic] on[sic] compile" and so on) by appending the actual error, will now start seeing a multitude of untranslated output messages. This makes bugs harder to find by searching, but by then they're assigned anyway, so that's not my problem any longer. jer