From: bkhl@elektrubadur.se (=?iso-8859-1?q?Bj=F6rn_Lindstr=F6m?=)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: USE flags
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 21:35:13
1 Spider <spider@g.o> writes:
2
3 > Well, the reason I suggest making it a FEATURE instead of anything else
4 > is because that way we can include the whole package of man
5 > pages and documentation in built binary packages, but simply prevent it
6 > from entering the "final" system afterwards.
7 >
8 > This would probably just mean a few lines to check the feature, and if
9 > it exists, scan usr/share/doc and remove all files that want to install
10 > there...
11
12 And why couldn't those lines check the INSTALL_PROTECT (if that's what
13 we'll call it) variable? Including the non-installed files in binary
14 packages would work doesn't really have anything to do with whether this
15 is implemented as a FEATURE flag or a separate variable.
16
17 The disadvantage of having FEATURE:s for it, is that it will be limited
18 to certain directories. Using a configuration variable, people can apply
19 it to whatever they want.
22 Björn Lindström <bkhl@××××××××××××.se>
23 http://bkhl.elektrubadur.se/
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list