From: (=?iso-8859-1?q?Bj=F6rn_Lindstr=F6m?=)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: USE flags
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 21:35:13
Spider <spider@g.o> writes:

> Well, the reason I suggest making it a FEATURE instead of anything else > is because that way we can include the whole package of man > pages and documentation in built binary packages, but simply prevent it > from entering the "final" system afterwards. > > This would probably just mean a few lines to check the feature, and if > it exists, scan usr/share/doc and remove all files that want to install > there...
And why couldn't those lines check the INSTALL_PROTECT (if that's what we'll call it) variable? Including the non-installed files in binary packages would work doesn't really have anything to do with whether this is implemented as a FEATURE flag or a separate variable. The disadvantage of having FEATURE:s for it, is that it will be limited to certain directories. Using a configuration variable, people can apply it to whatever they want. -- Björn Lindström <bkhl@××××××××××××.se> -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: USE flags Spider <spider@g.o>