From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Packages up for grabs
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2016 21:01:20
1 On Thu, 2 Jun 2016 10:42:03 -0500 james wrote:
2 > On 06/01/2016 06:20 PM, Justin Bronder wrote:
3 > > Due to a lack of time and the fact I don't use any of these packages
4 > > anymore, they are all up for grabs.
5 > >
6 > > - media-gfx/openmesh [no project]
7 > > - sys-cluster/ganglia [cluster]
8 > > - sys-cluster/ganglia-web [cluster]
9 > > - sys-cluster/torque [cluster]
10 > > - sys-cluster/munge [cluster] dependency of sys-cluster/torque
11 > > - sys-cluster/mpe2 [cluster]
12 > >
13 > > Also, if there's anyone out there using the science overlay and empi
14 > > who's feeling motivated, that work still needs a champion to get it
15 > > into the main tree. If not, I'll probably drop it in a few months
16 > > and open openmpi and mpich2 to project maintenance as well. I
17 > > haven't been involved in HPC for over a decade now, it's time to
18 > > pass the torch.
21 > Hello Justin,
22 >
23 > I've been working on cluster ebuilds for a while (Apache Mesos, spark,
24 > etc). I'm willing to proxy maintain these except torque. Assuming there
25 > are no users of torque on gentoo (bgo seems inactive...it's dead; how
26 > would I know?).
27
28 Hey, don't be too quick on your judgement :) We are using torque
29 (and maui) on three HPC setups, though we had to patch torque for
30 various features.
31
32 By the way, what scheduler/resource manager are you using for HPC?
33 slurm ebuild seems to be even in worse state than torque one (2.6.3
34 is present, 16.05.0 is the latest upstream).
35
36 Best regards,
37 Andrew Savchenko