From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: Todd Berman <tberman@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuild question
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 14:55:52
1 On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 10:40:09AM -0400, Todd Berman wrote:
2 > Not to generate useless traffic, but I feel it is very important to
3 > reiterate this.
4 >
5 > Please, please, please attach your ebuilds to bugzilla as text/plain and
6 > as single files. Two common errors I have seen plenty are attaching a
7 > .tar.gz or .tar.bz2, or, and more of a problem for me, are the text
8 > files attached, but set as an octet stream so the viewer wont kick in.
9 >
10 > This cant be stressed enough as the 'proper' way to submit an ebuild if
11 > you want to see it committed as fast as possible.
12 >
13 > And as an aside, maybe zhen or whoever maintains bugs.g.o can set
14 > text/plain as the default file upload, because i assume plenty of people
15 > just forget to change it.
16 >
17 > --Todd
18 >