From: mathias <bobby.lee@××××.fr>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Cc: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] bootstrap.sh and /var/lib/portage/world
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 06:34:54
1 Hi all,
2
3 I finished this night succefully compilation of bootstrap.sh with stage
4 1 2005.0.
5 The problem is my /var/lib/portage/world contain only 4 packages, glibc,
6 linux-headers, nano and gettext but no gcc ... I've read something for
7 several months about this problem on bugs.gentoo.org or on forums, I
8 don't remember exactly, but the question is why bootstrap.sh don't print
9 all installed packages in world file since the problem is know for
10 several months ?
11
12 I've meet a second problem, attr package for compiling search crtn.o in
13 /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.5/../../../ but only
14 /usr/lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu exist ... I made symbolic link this morning,
15 but why bootstrap (or anything else) don't make this link alone ?
16
17 This is not my first installation of this fantastic system, but if it
18 was, these problems should have make me to become crazy :/
19
20 Perhaps there is lot of reasons to leave it in this state, but I don't
21 understand this reasons :)
22
23 Thanks a lot for your responses, have a nice day,
24 mathias
25 --
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list