From: Brian Harring <ferringb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: marduk@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] upcoming mirror cleansing
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 20:06:12
1 On Sat, Apr 23, 2005 at 12:18:30PM -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Brian Harring wrote:
3 > > A quicky report of flies that'll be ixnayed is available at
4 > > http://dev.gentoo.org/~ferringb/failure.xml
5 >
6 > Thanks for making that page! I just searched it and found two packages I
7 > cared about with wrong SRC_URI's, fixed one and filed a bug for the other.
8 >
9 > It would be even cooler if it matched stuff up with metadata.xml!
10 Intending on pulling herd/maintainer information and mapping it in.
11
12 That said, my intention for it is to bind it to the packages.g.o
13 database. I need persistance, since it only notes when a file is
14 orphaned; need to be able to look at a general tree history, and know
15 what ebuilds owned a file, thus getting to the metadata.xml. I could
16 write this myself, track the data, but I'm not writing Yet Another
17 !*@#*ing Local TreeDB. Would rather unify the script (and a few
18 other ideas/scripts I'm kicking around) against a generalized packages
19 db...
20
21 So yeah, moving in that direction :)
22 ~brian