From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Lastrite: Firmware cleanup, part #1
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 13:51:55
1 On 13/02/2013 14:39, Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn wrote:
2 > I can't help but noticing that some of the recently introduced iwlwifi
3 > firmware packages came from Chromium OS. So there seems to be interest
4 > in individual packages from downstreams over the linux-firmware package.
5
6 I would suppose the problem is "they are needed before they enter
7 linux-firmware" — I also introduced one of the iwl firmwares for one of
8 my laptops (the other had it already), and I wonder if I should just
9 drop it now as it SHOULD be available in linux-firmware (guess I'll
10 check today).
13 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
14 flameeyes@×××××××××.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/