From: Justin <jlec@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC]flag-o-matic.eclass strip-flags change to support prefix
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 12:22:50
1 On 17.06.2012 14:13, Maxim Koltsov wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > During prefix bootstrap i noticed that strip-flags removes -L and -I
4 > flags from *FLAGS while these flags are essential for prefix
5 > bootstrapping. Therefore i propose a fix for strip-flags function to
6
7 Is this really necessary? I never experienced any problems which need
8 this when following the guides. I looks like a hack, because something
9 else is borked.
10
11 > make it preserve prefix-related flags. I have attached a patch, please
12 > review it. It works for me, but I'm unsure how it will work with
13 > spaces in ${EPREFIX}
14
15 Why not use "use prefix" instead of checking for the variable?