From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] article on ibm's web site
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 17:42:58
1 On Mon, 2002-01-21 at 15:45, Gary Watson wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I saw your article on IBM’s web site. I was wondering if you could
4 > suggest a good way to exercise a storage subsystem under linux – that
5 > is, a program sorta like bonnie, but which actually generates data
6 > patterns and checks them and is designed to keep large, high-performance
7 > external RAID systems pumping as fast as possible. I guess I am looking
8 > for an all-inclusive stress test which checks the cpu, the pci bus, the
9 > driver code, the hba, the cable, the RAID controller, the disk drives
10 > plus their cooling and power supplies. Any pointers would be
11 > appreciated!
12 > Cheers,
13 > Gary Watson
14
15 One such filesystem tester tool is fsx-linux, whose sources are
16 available from http://www.brainfreeze.org (bottom of page).
17
18 Best Regards,
21 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>