From: Thilo Bangert <bangert@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] missing <herd> tag in metadata.xml
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 17:45:12
2 > > Is it reasonable to simply add the <herd>no-herd</herd> or should
3 > > perhaps the policy be relaxed, such that a missing <herd> tag is
4 > > equivalent with <herd>no-herd</herd>?
7 > iirc there was a flamewar about this a while ago. you should look at
8 > the archives to see what people decided.
9
10 whatever the outcome of the discussion was, the current situation is still
11 unclear, which is why it needs to be addressed again.
12
13 either we decide to relax the policy and change the documentation, or we
14 dont and fix the ebuilds.
15
16 /me goes back to reading up on some history:
17
18 The Dreaded herd tag - 2006-10-28
19 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/43733
20
21 Herds suck, fix them - 2006-06-15
22 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/39385
23
24 Please use land-misc herd where appropriate! No no-herd madness!!!
25 2004-10-07
26 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/21899
27
28 Packages with non-existent herd in metadata.xml - 2004-09-27
29 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/21633
30
31 kind regards
32 Thilo