From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: init.d problem
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 17:49:53
1 Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de> posted
2 20060705121845.GA23393@××××××.local, excerpted below, on Wed, 05 Jul 2006
3 14:18:45 +0200:
4
5 > * Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o> schrieb:
6 >
7 >> However, with baselayout-1.12 we intercept calls to start-stop-daemon
8 >> and store information about what was started (binary, pidfile)
9 >
10 > Sounds good to me. So an regular "<init-scipt> status" (ie. via cron) will
11 > fix the stuff. Maybe status && start would be suited for bringing up died
12 > services automatically, if it always gives proper exit codes.
13 >
14 > When will it the new baselayout be ready ?
15
16 $emerge -p baselayout
17 [snip]
18 [ebuild R ] sys-apps/baselayout-1.12.1
19
20 $emerge --info|grep KEYWORDS
21 ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64 ~amd64"
22
23 IOW, 1.12.1 is already in ~arch, so 1.12 has been there for some time.
24 I've been enjoying this new product of uberlord's hard work for awhile,
25 here. =8^)
26
27 1.12 is on track to be stablized for 2006.1, AFAIK, so it should be fairly
28 soon now.
35 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
38 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list