From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: useflag policies
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 03:21:43
1 On 14 August 2015 at 05:37, Ciaran McCreesh
2 <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > Uh, the point of the 'pretend' bit in the name is that it *is* run when
4 > you do emerge -p.
7 It is strange really.
8
9 It does them *after* prompting "yes" with --ask
10
11 Whats the point of that?
12
13 Granted they are very slow for me now with the KDE5 stuff having
14 virtually every package doing pkg_pretend, so I see why avoiding them
15 before the --ask might be beneficial.
16
17 But I'm not sure how beneficial it is to give me a merge plan, ask me
18 if I want to do it or not .... and then find out some use flags are
19 unworkable *after* pressing yes.
20
21 ( I recently filed bugs on quite a few python packages because they
22 were being resolved in pkg_pretend when they could have been resolved
23 in REQUIRED_USE )
24
25 Maybe if we could fix *this* wart about pkg_pretend, it would be more
26 viable as a competitor to REQUIRED_USE ?
29 Kent
30
31 KENTNL - https://metacpan.org/author/KENTNL