From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] irregular metdata.xml check
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 18:28:04
1 On Wed, 2007-05-23 at 19:49 +0200, Thilo Bangert wrote:
2 > Also, many ebuilds put the herds email address as an additional
3 > <maintainer>. This is simply redundant and unless complaints are raised,
4 > all herd <maintainer> tags will be removed and replaced by the
5 > appropriate <herd> tag instead. Work on this will start over the weekend.
6
7 Remember that some do this legitimately. If the herd is, for example,
8 "portage" but the email/bugzilla address is dev-portage@g.o then
9 I think it is a good idea to leave the maintainer tag alone. Remember
10 that this is an example and isn't what is actually in the tree. I just
11 used it as a simple example. The point is that in cases where the herd
12 name doesn't equal the email address used for that herd, the maintainer
13 tag should probably be filled in with the proper email address.
16 Chris Gianelloni
17 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
18 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
19 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
20 Gentoo Foundation