From: Geert Bevin <gbevin@×××××××.be>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GUi installer brainstorm
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 17:57:03
1 > > Because I personally like it.
2 > If you absolutely need a gui installer, why not use a non-qt one. Afaik
3 > the qt one requires that you write your apps in C++, and I don't know
4 > how many drivers it supports. Alternatively stuff like microwindows and
5 > directfb are more toolkit/language idependant and are somewhat less
6 > propriatory.
7
8 Because I know qt and C++ very well and the power and flexibilty
9 included inside has no competition. It supports quite a lot of drivers
10 and there is a specific qt-embedded distribution targetted specifically
11 for these kind of implementations. Also the same applications written
12 for qt-embedded run without any modifications under x11.
15 Geert Bevin
16 the Leaf sprl/bvba
17 "Use what you need" Pierre Theunisstraat 1/47
18 http://www.theleaf.be 1030 Brussels
19 gbevin@×××××××.be Tel & Fax +32 2 241 19 98