From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Mozilla not compiling with gcc-3.1
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 13:37:45
1 On Fri, 2002-06-07 at 19:37, Richard Reich wrote:
2 > Mozilla 1.0 is not compiling on my system, I'm using the gcc-3 profile.
3 > rc3 built fine but 1.0 will not. I tried to attach a gziped file but
4 > evolution crashed on me, consistantly, probably becuase of being built
5 > with gcc-3.1. Anyway below is the error.
8 The problem is not because you are using gcc-3.1, but rather
9 because you have xfree-4.2.0-r11 merged. It uses
10 freetype-2.0.9 (meaning the copy xfree installs into
11 /usr/X11R6 and then use). This breaks compadibility in one
12 or two functions with the older version that was used (2.0.6
13 i think), and in this also breaks mozilla as it linked to
14 the more static version that comes with xfree (exactly done
15 this way for this reason). I have fixed this already, but
16 it is in the masked ebuild mozilla-1.0-r2.
19 Greetings,
23 Martin Schlemmer
24 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Developer
25 Cape Town, South Africa