From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GCC 3 Vs GCC 2 and some other stuff
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 01:16:15
1 No, I'm not. :)
2
3 the "benchmark" as such was in response to peoples questions on wether
4 gcc3.0 was faster or slower during compilation than gcc2.9
5
6 For my own use, I think the results are well worth it now with gcc
7 3.0.4, especially since gcc now can be used to compile the kernel ;)
8 (bugfix in gcc304)
9
10 please take this the right way, I'm well aware of the improved results
11 of gcc3 compared to gcc 2.9 , and why the slowdowns occur. (Check the
12 memory usage of -Wall and other things and you'll be surprised)
15 //Spider
18 begin quote
19 On 07 Apr 2002 23:00:55 -0600