From: "Greer
To: "'gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org'" <gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] Favor to ask
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:15:23
1 Yah, I have been playing around with the make.defaults and make.globals,
2 and have set everything, but it appears that my issue is my DNS server
3 not resolving cvs.gentoo.org. So, I am hoping the IP address that I
4 resolved it as on some Web ping tool is correct.
5
6 Thanks,
7
8 Darren
9
10 -----Original Message-----
11 From: Erik Van Reeth [mailto:erik@××××××××.org]
12 Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2001 12:05 PM
13 To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
14 Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Favor to ask
17 rsync also uses an environment viarable "rsync_proxy".
18 So, if you do a export rsync_proxy=<your firewall:portnumber> before
19 doing emerge rsync, things should work.
20
21 Erik
24 ----- Original Message -----
25 From: "Greer, Darren (MED)" <Darren.Greer@××××××.com>
26 To: <gentoo-dev@g.o>
27 Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2001 6:46 PM
28 Subject: [gentoo-dev] Favor to ask
31 > GEs firewall/DNS are very tricky to deal with. And for some reason,
32 > when I try to do an "emerge rsync" it fails on trying to find
33 > cvs.gentoo.org. So, I tried to find the IP and put and entry in
34 > /etc/hosts to the IP 216.23.235.2, but I still get no luck.
35 >
36 > Does anyone know if the emerge rsync is going over a port that is not
37 > port 80 or 21?
38 >
39 > Thanks,
40 >