From: "Tod M. Neidt" <tneidt@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gdm-2.2.3.2: comments
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 16:48:25
1 On Mon, 2001-09-17 at 21:11, tneidt@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2 >
3 >
4 > After these changes gdm starts up fine. One problem remains. gnome-terminal
5 > refuses to open with an error about checking unix98 ptys. Note everything
6 > gnome and specifically gnome-terminal was working perfectly when I was using
7 > startx from the command-line prior to merging gdm. Also, I can start up a
8 > regular xterm fine although it doesn't read my .bashrc file.
9 >
10 Hi!
11
12 Follow-up with more information.
13
14 1.If I xhost +localhost in an xterm as user then su to root, I can start
15 up a gnome-terminal ok, so it seems to be a permissions problem.
16
17 2. Confirmed that /dev/ptmx has the correct permissions.
18
19 tod