From: Arcady Genkin <agenkin@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ebuild indentation (tabs vs. spaces) fascism ;^)
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 01:54:21
1 William McArthur <sandymac@g.o> writes:
2
3 >> Its an age old flamewar and I doubt any minds will change... :)
4 >
5 > Only time and experience can change a mind on this topic. It's
6 > intersting to watch how as a programer matures so do his coding
7 > habbits.
8
9 The interesting part is that the same road may lead to either
10 preference. ;^) I prepared a full-blown reply for Bruce's last
11 message, but I guess that I'd rather save everybody's time by
12 refraining from posting it, since the majority of Gentoo devs are
13 obviously in favour of the tab character.
14
15 I don't mind complying with the coding style. I was simply trying to
16 probe whether anyone shared my dislike for tabs and whether there was
17 a chance for me to keep my ebuilds the way I like it.
18 --
19 Arcady Genkin