From: Jason Stubbs <jasonbstubbs@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some suggestions
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 08:45:11
1 Hmmm... Next time I'll think before posting.
2
3 After reading this discussion, I'd have to say that I'm in the 95%. However,
4 if we get back to the root of the problem, there'll probably be a little bit
5 less tension.
6
7 I think we all know what the problem is - maybe annoyance is a better word.
8 I've had several times where I've had to update make.conf but the only thing
9 that had changed is comments. One time there was not even any new
10 functionality listed, only clarification in the existing comments.
11
12 Having said that, I can't offer a solution that isn't more trouble than it's
13 worth. In fact, most solutions would break the standard way of configuring
14 other files.
15
16 Nothing really to offer except to bring (some of) you guys back in to focus.
17 Toodles for now.
18