From: Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gtk2 use flag must die
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 19:38:54
1 Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > and if there are no bugs filed ? this sort of stance is like the
3 "lets remove
4 > packages from portage because upstream is dead" ... it benefits no one
5
6 No bugs filed? Well, just search the archives of this ML, and search
7 bugzilla for all those bugs about portage pulling in gtk2 when users had
8 USE="-gtk2" set, or for all bugs about the confusion what USE="gtk
9 -gtk2" or USE="-gtk gtk2" actually means...
10
11 >> Please, remove the gtk2 flag from ebuilds you maintain. Thanks.
12 >
13 > no
14 > -mike
15
16 Shrug... Maybe speak up sooner next time, this debate has been over for
17 a long time and the decision was clearly to deprecate gtk2 use flag. Not
18 going to do that? Shrug, oh well, perhaps QA will then, or not - I
19 don't care if you are going to confuse users. That bug is set as a
20 blocker for Gnome 2.14 release.
21
22 My email was intended to speed up closing that bug, not to start such
23 debate again. So - that's all from me.
27 jakub