From: Tony Vroon <chainsaw@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Anti-spam changes: proposal to drop spammy mail
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 09:41:14
1 On 11/05/15 05:26, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > Unless there are any major objections, as of May 17th, Infra will start
3 > dropping mail that scores more than 10.0 points in Spamassassin.
4
5 This is excellent, as I will then finally be able to forward my Gentoo
6 alias to the work e-mail server. Like GMail, it is strict because all of
7 our employees hate spam.
8
9 > If that is successful, I propose to drop the score point by 1 point every month
10 > until it hits a score of 5.0 (so by mid-October, it will be dropping mail that
11 > scores more than 5.0).
12
13 Just speaking as a fellow mail server operator, our automatic throwing
14 away happens at a score of 8 or above. Between 5 and 8, it is dropped in
15 a quarantine for sorting by a human.
16 The amount of false positives is incredibly low, but some of our users
17 are incredibly vocal. Some of them rely on the human to release that one
18 mail a month, others are set as spam_lover in amavis and get those
19 e-mails scoring between 5 & 8 delivered to them.
20
21 From a man-power perspective the quarantine may not be realistic, but
22 perhaps this "spam_lovers" is a good way to allow the opt-out that Eray
23 is trying to negotiate?
24
25 Regards,
26 Tony V.