From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] deprecating /etc/make.profile
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 23:50:02
1 On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 16:30 +0200, Simon Stelling wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > As per bug 148388 [1] comment 1, I'd like to discuss the deprecation of
5 > /etc/make.profile and the use of a PORTAGE_PROFILE variable instead.
6 > Reason for this change aside from consistency with all other portage
7 > settings is the annoyance of re-adjusting the /etc/make.profile link
8 > before and after testing a profile change in an overlay/development repo.
9
10 PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT= kinda solves your problem. But I do admit it would
11 be a lot easier dealing with a variable vs having to parse the symlink
12 to figure out the profile.
13
14 If this change does happen I'd suggest that we support make.profile
15 symlinks as long as they exist unless the make.conf defines the
16 variable. If variable exists it should override.
19 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
20 Gentoo Linux
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list