From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New Portage fork: sys-apps/portage-mgorny
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 09:48:18
1 >>>>> On Thu, 22 Mar 2018, Geaaru wrote:
2
3 > for both portage and your fork I think that could be interesting add
4 > an extension to PMS for define inside profiles or targets masking of
5 > packages of a particular repslository. Currently PMS doesn't permit
6 > this but have this feature could be help users to define our
7 > profiles under overlays.
8
9 > Something like this:
10
11 > sys-devel/gcc::gentoo
12
13 Conceptually that makes no sense. sys-devel/gcc is the name of an
14 upstream package, so what does it even mean to mask it in one
15 repository but not in another? If it's the same package, then it
16 should behave in the same way, regardless of the repository its ebuild
17 it hosted in (or the package being installed, in which case it is no
18 longer in an ebuild repository).
19
20 If it is a different package however, then it should have a different
21 name.
22
23 Ulrich