From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] New developer features in portage: cgroup, network-sandbox, ipc-sandbox
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 11:42:54
1 El mar, 20-08-2013 a las 12:26 +0200, Michał Górny escribió:
2 > Hello, fellow developers.
3 >
4 > I've added a few new fancy features for Gentoo developers to portage
5 > git. Sadly, since Zac isn't planning another release until 2.2.0 goes
6 > stable, you need to switch to -9999 to use them. But I say to you, it's
7 > worth the hassle.
8 >
9 > The features are off by default since they need proper testing and can
10 > break a lot of ebuilds. And FEATURES=network-sandbox does.
11 >
12 > It should be noted that all of the features follow the systemd idea of
13 > supporting Linux only and require fancy kernel features.
16 Nice! Thanks a lot :D
17
18 [...]
19 > 2. FEATURES=network-sandbox
20 [...]
21 > This one's going to trigger a lot of breakage in ebuilds. Therefore,
22 > I'd appreciate if developers started using it early and fixing
23 > the ebuilds.
26 Would like to confirm if the "fix" for tests relying on network is to
27 skip them. I think last time this was commented some ideas like having
28 FEATURES=network or similar were suggested
29
30 Thanks for the info!