From: Bob Johnson <livewire_@×××××××××.net>
To: Bob Thomas <gtg663h@×××××××××××.edu>, gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] kernel raid support
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 03:03:03
1 a 2.4.21_pre4 is probaly your best bet on that one.
2 aa-sources,gs-sources,ac-sources.
6 On Thursday 20 February 2003 09:18 pm, Bob Thomas wrote:
8 > Hash: SHA1
9 >
10 > I've recently installed Gentoo on a friend of mine's computer that has a
11 > Highpoint RAID controller. I searched the forums to find out how to
12 > install it, but it still took a long time to work everything out. At the
13 > moment, the only way we've been able to get it to boot is to use the
14 > gentoo-2.4.19-r7 kernel, because the others that I've tried seem to have
15 > some problem that prevents them from detecting his RAID array. With this
16 > version, devfs is flaky and ACPI and iptables are totally hosed. There
17 > are a lot of kernels in portage, and there's no way for me to try them
18 > all. Does anybody know of a newer, better kernel that will work with a
19 > Highpoint RAID controller?
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list