From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: robbat2@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Release: webapp-config snapshot #2
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 22:48:25
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 First off, a big thank-you to everyone who sent me their feedback on the first
4 snapshot of webapp-config. Sorry I haven't replied directly - slight problem
5 of hardware failure :(
6
7 Anyway, I've uploaded a second snapshot to:
8
9 http://dev.gentoo.org/~stuart/webapp-config/
10
11 Main changes this time is partial implementation of a per-install CONTENTS
12 file, which is necessary for supporting upgrades and cleans.
13
14 Snapshot #3 will bring the completed code for install and clean, and I'll
15 upload it before the end of February. Once the upgrade code is working, I'll
16 knock up an ebuild and get this checked into CVS.
17
18 If you're interested in learning more about the work on webapp-config, please
19 read GLEP #11. The December 2003 edition of php|architect also includes an
20 article about our work to improve the installation of web-based applications.
21
22 Best regards,
23 Stu
24 --
25 Stuart Herbert stuart@g.o
26 Gentoo Developer http://www.gentoo.org/
27 Beta packages for download http://dev.gentoo.org/~stuart/packages/
28 Come and meet me in March 2004 http://www.phparch.com/cruise/
29
30 GnuGP key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
31 Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319 C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C
32 --