From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] pkg_nofetch: $A vs. $SRC_URI
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 02:24:00
1 Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > If you have an ebuild with a non-standard pkg_nofetch, please ensure
3 > that you use $SRC_URI instead of $A!
4 >
5 > This is because if you have FEATURES=mirror or FEATURES=cvs, attempts to
6 > download all of the source files for digesting or verification will hit
7 > pkg_nofetch and $A is only the subset of $SRC_URI, causing misleading
8 > messages to be displayed about what needs to be downloaded still.
9 >
10 > Plasmaroo: could you perhaps change this in the devmanual?
11 >
12 > I'll be looking through the tree to fix any existing occurrences of this.
13
14 Displaying $SRC_URI is worse for the user, because it displays this
15 weird dependency tree containing USE flags that they should not need to
16 decipher.
17
18 I don't consider this something that should be "fixed."
19
20 Thanks,
21 Donnie