From: Zeerak Waseem <zeerak.w@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Splitting desktop profile to KDE and GNOME
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 23:26:49
1 But instead of just giving the user the answer, wouldn't it be more
2 appropriate, as far as understanding useflags and their uses goes, to give
3 users lists of useflags and what they do. Ie a list of base use flags for
4 say, kde, and also what basic useflags to disable, and a suggestion to
5 read the descriptions of the useflags to add what's necessary. As the
6 handbook currently does. I think with the documentation, one should have
7 enough information to assess what useflags are desired for one's system.
8 And then I'd suggest looking at the packages and the need for various use
9 flags individually, if you want to. But the documentation provides basic
10 useflags for running your system.
11 But again, this is just my take on it :-)
12