From: Troy Dack <tad@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] xfree
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 13:30:14
1 On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 14:12, Seemant Kulleen wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > Well, I've checked in a masked -r3 ebuild for xfree-4.3.0. In it, I have the fonts moved into /usr/share/fonts. I would like this to undergo testing, and also I would like some opinions/feedback on this move. Just to catch everyone up: I'll be moving the fonts packages in portage all to media-fonts categories, and make them install into /usr/share/fonts instead.
5 >
6 > Additionally, the roadmap for -r3 is to remove ALL font building from xfree entirely and shove them into separate packages. The two possible exceptions will be 75dpi and 100dpi fonts, but even those might move and become PDEPENDs.
7 >
8 > As such, the current -r3 in portage is just part way there.
9 >
10 > I am very interested in opinions before I proceed along this path.
11 >
12 > Thanks,
13
14 /etc/X11/XF86Config.example has the wrong font paths
15
16 Other than that it seems OK so far (but you changed my cursor, now I
17 have to find that damned file again!)
18
19 I'll see what:
20 X -configure
21 does shortly.
24 Troy Dack "Yes, yes, I know that, Sydney ... Everybody knows that!
25 tad@g.o ... But look: Four wrongs squared, minus two wrongs to
26 the fourth power, divided by this formula, do make a
27 right." -- Gary Larson
28
29 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x4D90BE3C
30 Key fingerprint = 1F3D 6C15 16AA 09D5 0C96 92E5 FD89 16F9 4D90 BE3C