From: Panagiotis Christopoulos <pchrist@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Getting the general dev opinion ("Meinungsbild") on some feature
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 18:22:43
1 On 17:52 Sun 20 Jan , Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
4 > > *the thing with USE flags is a big change.
5 >
6 > You're kidding, right?
7 >
8 > If we seriously start doing that, we'll either get slapped with "dont bother
9 > us with that" by the council members, or nobody wants to run for council
10 > anymore.
13 I didn't mean, to start asking the Council for everything (certainly not
14 for USE flags changes in profiles).
15
16 Writing that "the thing with USE flags is a big change", I meant that
17 those USE flags were wrongly put/remained in base profiles in first place and
18 before removing them we have to be sure that we won't break more, any
19 user configurations. and how we 're going to do it safely. That's why I
20 said about more time than 72h.
21
22 But I stop here, as this thread is about something else, just wanted to explain the
23 logic behind writing ^^.
24
25 I think I will stop using words like small/big/bigger as it may confuse
26 people.
29 Panagiotis Christopoulos ( pchrist )
30 ( Gentoo Lisp Project )