From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Project Sunrise resumed again (was Resignation)
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 20:37:52
1 On Wed, 2 Aug 2006 14:49:19 -0500 "Alex Tarkovsky"
2 <alextarkovsky@×××××.com> wrote:
3 | On 8/2/06, Stephen P. Becker <geoman@g.o> wrote:
4 | > > Every time you post it's like fingernails on a chalkboard...
5 | > >
6 | > > http://arcanux.org/scarecrow.png
7 | >
8 | > Ha ha ha! Oh gosh that's funny! That's really funny! Do you
9 | > photoshop your own material? Do you? Because that is so fresh.
10 | > Ciaranm is like a scarecrow. You know, I've, I've never heard
11 | > anyone make that joke before. Hmm. You're the first. I've never
12 | > heard anyone reference, reference that outside of irc before.
13 | > Because that's what everyone who disagrees with him says right?
14 | > Isn't it? He is a scarecrow. And, and yet you've taken that and
15 | > posted it in this discussion to insult him in this everyday
16 | > situation. God what a clever, smart person you must be, to come up
17 | > with a joke like that all by yourself. That's so fresh too. Any,
18 | > any George W. Bush jokes you want to throw out too as long as we're
19 | > hitting these phenomena at the height of their popularity? God
20 | > you're so funny!
21 |
22 | There's a stark line between satire (my post) and invective (your
23 | tirade).
24
25 No no. Stephen's post was beautifully ironic satire. Yours was just
26 a lame attempt at flamebait. Try sticking "Because that is so fresh."
27 into Google...
28
29 | That you don't seem aware of its existence and decided to
30 | exhibit this ignorance publicly is yet another reason I believe you
31 | should retire as a Gentoo developer. Please, you're hurting Gentoo.
32
33 Again, no, it's a sign that you don't get it and you should keep quiet
34 until you do. You're filling this list up with noise and not
35 contributing anything to the discussion. Please stop.
38 Ciaran McCreesh
39 Mail : ciaran dot mccreesh at blueyonder.co.uk
43 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list