From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: virtual/init for init process
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 20:35:27
1 On 04/26/2018 01:08 PM, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > After some discussion on IRC, I need to drop busybox from this virtual
3 > because it is in packages already. OpenRC needs to be dropped because
4 > for now we do not have a way to make sure both openrc and sysvinit get
5 > installed in stage 3 if openrc is listed both in virtual/init and
6 > virtual/service-manager.
7
8 I predict that a non-zero number of users that have sys-apps/s6 or
9 sys-process/runit will accidentally/blindly remove sys-apps/sysvinit via
10 emerge --depclean, resulting in an unbootable system. Just say-in.
11 --
12 Thanks,
13 Zac