From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New category: app-metrics
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 08:21:59
1 Hi!
2
3 On 20-03-2018 06:21:00 +0100, Manuel Rüger wrote:
4 > Hi everyone,
5 >
6 > I'm planning to add a new category app-metrics, which is mainly (at
7 > least for my own use case) going to be used for prometheus[0] and its
8 > exporters providing endpoints for prometheus. It can be used for other
9 > packages whose _main_ purpose is to provide metrics, transform or
10 > consume them.
11 >
12 > * net-analyzer/prometheus
13 > * app-admin/bind_exporter
14 > * app-admin/elasticsearch_exporter
15 > * app-admin/mongodb_exporter
16 > * app-admin/nginx-vts-exporter
17 > * app-admin/prom2json
18 > * dev-util/buildbot-prometheus
19
20 Does the graphite stack fit in this too, you think?
21
22 app-admin/diamond
23 app-admin/collectd
24 app-misc/carbon-c-relay
25 dev-python/carbon
26 net-analyzer/graphite-web
27 www-apps/grafana-bin
28
29 We might have more packages, but this is from the top off my head.
30
31 Thanks,
32 Fabian
35 > In addition, the following packages will drop their prometheus- prefix
36 > during the package move:
37 >
38 > * net-analyzer/prometheus-blackbox_exporter
39 > * net-analyzer/prometheus-node_exporter
40 > * net-analyzer/prometheus-redis_exporter
41 > * net-analyzer/prometheus-snmp_exporter
42 > * net-analyzer/prometheus-uwsgi_exporter
43 > * net-analyzer/prometheus-pushgateway
44 > * net-analyzer/prometheus-alertmanager
45 >
46 > With the growing adoption of prometheus I expect more exporters to be
47 > added (I have five more that I want to add in the near future).
50 > Thanks,
51 >
52 > Manuel
53 >