From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [soc] Python bindings for Paludis
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 22:42:42
1 On Saturday 31 March 2007, Andrej Kacian wrote:
2 > "Christopher Covington" <covracer@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > The first condition you list is a sort of nativism that I for one
4 > > would expect not to find in a successful copyleft project created on
5 > > the Internet. Why should the code Gentoo uses be written by Gentoo
6 > > developers? Nobody seems to have a problem with using someone else's C
7 > > compiler and installation tools (gcc, autoconf, automake). Resistance
8 > > to a package manager on the grounds that, "It wasn't originally
9 > > written by us!" could perhaps push technical arguments that actually
10 > > matter into the background.
11 >
12 > It seems to me that this is just vapier's way of saying "I don't want
13 > ciaranm anywhere near an official package manager".
14
15 i'm glad i have people to tell me what i mean when i say things ... now i can
16 focus on merely spouting fourth english language constructs and let other
17 people interpret them. i do believe i just became an oracle. phear.
18 -mike