From: jochem prins <j.prins@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] sshd_config contains a typo in gentoo-security document on the website
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 05:27:05
1 Hi gentoo-dev,
2
3 after checking up on the gentoo-security doc for some handy modifications i decided to change a few settings for my sshd_config. After i saved the new config, i tried of course to restart, but sshd gave me the error bad option AllowGroup linenumber:<some_number>. Since i found this a bit odd, i did some checking on the rest of the config and noticed AllowUsers was plural and AllowGroup was single.I suspected that this was the problem and after a verification with the sshd-manual on the OpenSSH-site this could be confirmed.
4 Thus:
5 change AllowGroup into AllowGroups
6 and sshd should be working.
7
8 I'd like to see this small bug resolved in the near-future, since this is just a typo that can keep people busy for quite awhile.
9
10 Jochem Prins