From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] adns & ares USE flags
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 21:12:19
1 Hello,
2
3 $ quse -D adns ares
4 global:adns: Adds support for the adns DNS client library
5 local:ares:dev-libs/ecore: Enables support for asynchronous DNS using the net-dns/c-ares library
6 local:ares:net-analyzer/wireshark: Use GNU net-dns/c-ares library to resolve DNS names
7 local:ares:net-irc/znc: Enables support for asynchronous DNS using the c-ares library
8 local:ares:net-misc/aria2: Enables support for asynchronous DNS using the c-ares library
9 local:ares:net-misc/curl: Enabled c-ares dns support
10 local:ares:net-p2p/gift: pull in Ares plugin
11
12 Both of the flags (except for gift AFAICS) refer to asynchronous DNS
13 resolution. Could we join them into one flag? I think we should retain
14 'adns', move appropriate 'ares' flags to it and modify the description
15 to make it less library-centric.
18 Best regards,
19 Michał Górny