From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RC_STRICT_NET_CHECKING or the net dependency
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 01:51:47
1 On 10/21/06, Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o> wrote:
2 > RC_STRICT_NET_CHECKING is used in the init script depdency process, and quite
3 > frankly I'd like to punt it and replace it with ........... rc-update! Yes,
4 > just put the init scripts that "net" should provide in your runlevel. boot
5 > contains net.lo by default and we also coldplug any net devices by default
6 > too.
7 >
8 > So can anyone think of any reasons why I cannot punt it?
9
10 What becomes the equivalency of the "none" or "no" settings? In
11 particular, if I have both wlan and eth0, but rarely at the same time,
12 and I want net to be satisfied by either of them,
13 RC_STRICT_NET_CHECKING=no accomplishes this.
14
15 -Richard
16 --
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list