From: 320095285153-0001@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] problem building linux-2.4.1_pre8.ebuild
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 17:00:22
1 Pete Gavin wrote:
2
3 > On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 12:14:25AM +0100, Achim Gottinger wrote:
4 > > True, that was on my todo list. Yes please change it. Can you update
5 > > 2.4.0.11 too.
6 > > 2.4.0.11-r3 is our latest kernel it is based on 2.4.1-pre10 with alans
7 > > fixes.
8 > >
9 > > If you add a package to the cvs-tree please add a short description to
10 > > ChangeLog and add the
11 > > package to current-packages.new. If you know the package is unstable add a
12 > > # to the beginning of the line.
13 > > Do this too if there is a package in the list that can not be installed
14 > > concurent.
17 > If I find a package w/ a problem, should I just go ahead and fix it?
18
19 Hmm, I'm currently reworking the sys stuff. So if you find a bug in there
20 please contact me first.
21 I have alot of new revision over here which I want to commit if I have
22 finished.
23 For others yes fix it.
24
25 > When
26 > does a new revision need to be made? (I mean like from package-1.0-r2 to
27 > package-1.0-r3)?
28
29 Normaly for every change you make. But we don't do it for very small changes
30 like adding a doc file or modifications
31 that do not change the file locations or the packages behaviour.
32
33 achim~
37 > Pete
40 > gentoo-dev mailing list