From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] new developer: swegener
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 02:25:05
Please welcome Sven Wegener to the Gentoo development team!  Sven has
been a very active contributor to bugs.gentoo.org, providing bug
reports, confirmation of existing reports, and a ton of solutions.  He
has contributed to baselayout (which is how I noticed him), irc- and
nntp-related bugs, and probably lots of other things.

Since starting as a developer less than 4 days ago, swegener has
already made his mark on the tree with 61 commits in net-irc and
net-news, plus he has created the net-news herd to handle the packages
in that category.

Ok, now for the personal bits.  Here's what Sven tells us in his
developer quiz:

    I was born in Hannover, Germany and I live near Hameln. The story
    of "The Pied Piper of Hamelin" should almost everyone know ;)
    Currently I'm doing my exam at the university of cooperative
    education weserbergland (www.baw-hameln.de) in the field
    information management and will hopefully finish it with "Bachelor
    of Science". I'm working with Haworth (www.haworth.de) for the
    practical part of the cooperative education.

    In my spare time I love to go bowling and listen to music. Primary
    I listen to 80's music (www.club977.com is my favourite) but also
    the new charts, depends primary on the mood in which I am. Also
    love to go to the cinema.

    I came in contact with Linux 4.5 years ago, starting with SuSE and
    kernel 2.2.13. Used it for several years until I found Gentoo in
    summer 2002.  Since 3 months I'm using Linux as my primary OS, no
    windows :) I've got 5 systems under my wings, 4 running Gentoo and
    1 still running SuSE (haven't found time to reinstall with
    Gentoo). One of those systems serves as rsync7.de.g.o

    I'm using Gnome as my desktop environment. But do a lot work on
    console.

Welcome aboard, Sven! :-)

Regards,
Aron