From: Alvaro Figueroa <fede2@××××××××××××××××××.cr>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage Ported to OS X
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 20:02:39
1 On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 22:38, Pieter Van den Abeele wrote:
2
3 > I think distributing OS X with portage/OSX would be out of the question,
4
5 FWIW, once, as a proof of concept/it's a boring Sunday and there is to
6 mutch coffee, I made a script that grabbed a Solaris CD, grabbed the
7 kernel and other libs, trow them in with enough GNU tools to boot and
8 some other basic stuff... I think it had netpipes in it or something.
9
10 Perhaps the same thing could be done with Gentoo/OSX.
11
12 Of course that these iso images that the script outputted weren't
13 distributable, but they let me install Solaris without using the ugly
14 Solaris installer.
17 Alvaro Figueroa <fede2@××××××××××××××××××.cr>
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list