From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Response to a "friendly note" about changing bug reports
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 10:53:06
1 On 7/08/2013 20:34, Kacper Kowalik wrote:
2 >> * every atom needs a "=" in front, and
3 >> * "Please stabilize XXX" should always be replaced by "XXX stabilization".
4 >
5 > Those two are actually useful. There are many scripts used by ATs that
6 > parse title field. One could argue: "Fix your damn scripts" but in the
7 > end it's your "bugspam" vs predicting all possible ways someone could
8 > express an atom.
9 >
10 > I seriously doubt that people are changing bug reports cause they break
11 > their sense of aesthetics (/me waves to all OCDs out there). Most of the
12 > changes have some underlying technical reason. Even if it's whitespace,
13 > '=' or ordering.
14 > Cheers,
15 > Kacper
19 Which scripts require these rules? AT scripts have worked for a long
20 time just fine, and adding "=" seems to be only fairly recent.
21
22 I have started to summaries like "=foo-bar/baz-1.2.3 version bump" and
23 even "=foo-bar/baz-1.2.3 new package". I don't see how changes like this
24 add any value.