From: Matthias Schwarzott <zzam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Addition of a USE_EXPAND-Variable LIRC_DRIVERS and general cleanup of app-misc/lirc
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 13:52:07
1 Hi!
2
3 If nobody objects I will add LIRC_DRIVERS to USE_EXAPAND tomorrow (sunday
4 2006/06/04).
5
6 This will replace as much as possible from the up to now used dirty hack
7 LIRC_OPTS="--with-driver=serial --with-trasmitter --with-irq=4" in make.conf.
8
9 The --with-driver part will be moved to LIRC_DRIVERS. The name need not to be
10 LIRC_DRIVERS, tell me if you have a better name for it (LIRC_RECEIVERS is
11 another possibility).
12
13 The other (binary flag) settings will be moved to normal use-flags
14 (--with-transmitter --without-soft-carrier).
15
16 The only problematic things that will perhaps stay in LIRC_OPTS are things
17 like --with-port=378. But I think most of these settings can also be changed
18 at module-load-time.
19
20 Matthias
23 Matthias Schwarzott